7/11/08

Hooray for the 4th!



Though my fireworks were pretty pathetic, the kids had fun with them!

That night we went to the high school football field and sat on the 50-yard line with nobody else around us. The fireworks were set off at the bottom of the football field - so they exploded RIGHT above us. The boys ran around pretending they were in a war, Chloe cuddled with dad, and Jake watched them with amusement until he fell asleep during the show (only a 4th-child could fall asleep with fireworks going off directly overhead!).




Chloe loves to see her cousin Jack! We wish they lived closer!




Colten has been trying to help Sam learn how to ride without his training wheels. Sam gets frustrated easily and was having a hard time, so Colten tried to help. He told Sam "Riding a bike isn't easy . . . it's not like eating a marshmallow!"




We had SO much fun on the 4th! Colten had a couple of baseball games we went to - his team even made it to the championships! Sam and Chloe got to participate in the community bike parade. Sam was so fast on his new bike, that by the time I got Chloe off on the parade and went back to the starting/finishing line, he had already made it back. BUT I didn't see him - so I waited. And waited. And waited. Then, I started thinking that maybe I shouldn't have let him go off on his own. So, I geared up, fully ready to jump in the river to save him if necessary, and went to find him. You know that sick, heart-pounding, shaky-hand feeling when you start to worry about your child's life-feeling? Well, I had it. Luckily, I found him sitting on the bleachers eating an otter-pop and watching Colten's game like everything was just dandy. Whew!!!!! I just couldn't believe that he could have finished the race that fast! Nothing like young children to really get your heart pumping!!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

We loved the party. I love your pictures of the sparklers. I was tempted to give Hank one...bad idea..maybe I would go to jail for that.

Jen said...

Your kids are so big! How is having 3 kids? I only have 2 and that keeps me busy. They are so beautiful. I would love to squeeze Chloe's cheeks! I am glad I am able to see your blog. Check mine out. It has been a lot of fun. I can see now why everyone gets addicted.

Jen said...

Your kids are so big! They are beautiful. How is having 3? I only have 2, and tht keeps me busy. I would love to squeeze Chloe's cheeks. She is so cute. Check out my blog. It has been a lot of fun. I can see why everyone gets addicted.

My Blog List