6/19/10

We're Finally fitting in!

We've been in Morgan for 4 years now, and this spring we're finally getting into full "country - living" mode. Colten and Sam are raising 2 baby lambs to show in the fair this summer. I won't talk about what's going to happen to them after the fair because it's too sad, but the boys are really enjoying their little "business."

The lambs had to get haircuts before the Spring Show. Colten showed both of them since Sam isn't old enough to show them yet, and he got 2 blue ribbons!


They are so darn cute when they're all clean and trimmed! I kind of wouldn't mid just letting them live with us!
This is our new horse, Deets. Jake LOVES him. He always wants to ride Deets. He'll even get his boots on by himself (even if he's naked or only wearing a diaper!), and go to the back door, and say,"Bye, Mom! I go ride Deets!" The scary thing is, for about a week he really would disappear. He would be with me one second, and I turn my attention to Chloe or something, and he'd be gone. I would look everywhere he could possibly be, and I finally looked out in the field and saw him standing right next to Deets, just petting his nose. I think I had a heart attack the first time I caught him out there! He was so far away - out in the middle of the field, at least half an acre away from me! So, I tried to walk out there as calmly as possible, talking sweetly to Jake, trying to convince him to walk away from the enormous horse that has proved to be slightly "really jumpy and skittish," but he was as happy as could be playing with Deets, petting his feet and legs and everything! It happened 3 times that week, before I convinced to Jake to ask mommy before petting Deets. Hopefully it was just an "independent phase" that's done.
I did manage to get a couple of pics of him trying to climb over to be with the horse . . . . .
. . . . . and he got mad at me when I told him to stay on this side of the fence.








No comments:

My Blog List