7/31/10

Parks & BBQs - It's what summer is all about!

A few weeks ago, we got the chance to see some old friends - The Smiths. They were here for just a short time, and we decided to meet them with pizzas at a park. I had to post this picture I took of Sam because this is what I like to refer to as "sweet Sam." Sometimes, he gets out of control and really mouthy, and I have to ask him to bring back my "sweet Sam" so I don't lose my mind and ship him off to Alaska! So, this is "sweet Sam."Chloe is just so happy about absolutely everything, and meeting some new friends was about as exciting for her as Christmas morning!
After playing on the play grounds, we let the boys just wrestle in the shade. My boys LOVE to wrestle - especially if it can end with one of them in tears or injured. I grew up with one sister, and a nice, calm house - so I have no idea what to do when things get rowdy!

It all started so innocently . . . . . just laughing, wrestling, and having fun, but . . . .
. . . . then Sam slapped Colten in the face. Colten may not be as totally aggressive as Sam, but he's A LOT bigger. So, when the bigger, big brother got slapped . . . .
. . . . he made sure to remind Sam who's really the boss. And Sam hated that.
Later that evening, we went up to Midway for a farewell BBQ for Ben and Brooke. They moved to North Carolina so Ben could do his final fellowshipping to be an official orthopedic surgeon. Whew! I'm not sure if I got that all right. This is Jake with his cousin Hank. They're the same age almost! There's 3 cousins that are all 2 right now, and I got a lot of pictures of them running around and playing. We love watching them - they're so crazy!

One side note: Jake is in love with cowboy boots. He even wears them with sports clothes - it doesn't matter how dorky he looks, he's not ready unless he has them on!
Here are the 3 2-year olds. I love them. I wish we had more cousins the same age as my kids. There's Will, Jake and Hank.
Nice boots, yeah?
Jake is very sad because Hank is moving away on Monday to Washinton. His dad is going to become a vet! It's a lot of schooling, though, and he'll be gone for a really long time.


Jake is so in love with horses! It was a fun summer day, but when the sun went down, the mutated, monster mosquitos came out and we had to run for cover because they were aggressive!

1 comment:

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Too cute! I love how Jake wears cowboy boots all the time, hilarious! :)

My Blog List