8/19/10

I wish summer would never end.


My most favorite thing about summer is the swimming lessons. I got Cole, Sam, and Chloe going to a couple of sessions of lessons just because that is what summer is all about. Lazy summer days = sleeping in until 10, riding our bikes over to swimming lessons, ice cream afterwards, and friends over for the rest of the day. PERFECT. Okay, there's always a couple of chores thrown in there to keep the kids balanced, but really -- it doesn't get much better than that!
Chloe LIVED for swimming lessons this summer. She would wake up and start counting down the hours until it would be her class's turn. She needed me to teach her how to watch the clock and sometimes it would make her frustrated because she would swear the hands on the clock weren't moving!
She did great, though! No tears ever, and totally willing to go under and jump off the diving board whenever her teacher wanted her to.
Sam loved it, too! He wouldn't get in the pool in California without a life jacket firmly in place, but by the end of the first session, he was jumping of the diving board and swimming all the way back. It makes me feel so much better to know he's not going to sink like a rock whenever he gets in deep water. We have 3 reservoirs within 20 minutes of our house, and there's no community pool up here! I wonder how in the heck our kids are supposed to learn how to become good swimmers?!!?





It would just about drive Colten crazy to sit on the side of the pool waiting for his turn. He would look for any bug or piece of grass that would get in the pool, and that would be his signal to dive in and save everyone from the bug! He wanted to be her lifeguard, but it wasn't really a necessity since the teacher did such a great job.



Colten did great! I can't believe I have a son that is old enough to be diving off the diving board! The time flies by so fast!
Jake was just happy to splash on the side of the pool. In his underwear. Well, at least he has SOMETHING on, right? Out of all of my kids, he is the most naked one. He is definitely not shy about people seeing his "weinen" (that's what he called "it"). So, I think that everyone in Morgan has seen Jake outside riding his bike around in his unders and probably a large percentage of them have seen "naked Jake" on his bike, too! Oh,well, not worth the fight!

1 comment:

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

This looks so fun...I'm thinking of getting Eli in some lessons next summer! Sounds like we have something in common with the "naked" boys....I'm sure all of my neighbors wonder if I ever buy him clothes...Eli is always out in his underwear or naked, too funny! Got to love it! :)

My Blog List