1/13/11

The twins are here!!!

I don't know how I got so blessed, but my girls are so good for me for pictures! I think I tend to like some of the sillier ones (where Lucy is making her trademark "kissy" face) just because I want to remember the funny and adorable things about them at this age. Lucy was making this face off and on since the moment she was born - so now I've got a funny picture of it!!!

Okay, there's something about twins that just makes me so excited and happy. I wonder how aware of each other they are, and if they really do calm down when they're together or if that's just me making up things in my mind. In 90% of the ultrasounds (and there were A LOT!), the girls were face to face and hand their hands all over the other one's face, so I like to think that they are already best friends.

This one is Sophie.
This one is Lucy.
Lucy was always making faces. She also more awake than Sophie it seems. She wasn't super thrilled with Joe holding her up, naked, but she stayed calm.
This is also Lucy - she also always has her legs straight out whenever she can. She even like to sleep like that!
This is Sophie. After all the trouble she was giving me in my belly, I was sure I had my hands full with her, but she's been so easy!!!! She's so calm and sleepy and easy, and I swear her smiles are real and they're meant for me -- I just love it!

Since absolutely nothing fits, they live in these jammy-sacks. Pants don't stay on and neither do socks!
This is of the girls in their bed one morning. They have the same poses when they sleep! They always have their hands up by the heads, and if you put them close to eachother, they'll try really hard to grab on to the other one!

Lucy.
Sophie.
Sophie.
Lucy . . . . of course!
Lucy . . . . normal.
Oh, my gosh! I am having so much fun with them. Although it's crazy and constant and hectic around here, and I'm changing, and diapering, and feeding and burping and loving them all day long, I love it and it's more blessing than I deserve. I am so grateful for this overwhelming job that I adore!

5 comments:

Marti said...

Oh I'm in love! They are soooo precious! What a beautiful family you guys have!

Alysha said...

I am so impressed that you have newborn twins, recovering from a c-section, 4 other children and you managed to take pictures and update your blog. You are my hero!
They are the most beautiful twins ever. I want to cuddle with them so bad!

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

I'm so glad I checked today!!! They are so beautiful and I too am very impressed that you are getting all of this done, you are wonder woman!! Congratulations to all of you, they are adorable and oh so sweet :) love you guys!

Lindsay said...

ADORABLE!! Seriously, McKenzie, they are so, so sweet. I laughed out loud at the picture of Joe holding one of them up with her leg extended straight up...perfect face, love the hand, and the leg just cracks me up! I even made Brian come over to look at it right away. :)


Congrats! I hope things get settled into your new normal soon!

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Adorable!!

I am blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog.

Please visit either or both of my blogs and I welcome you to follow either or both of them if you aren't doing so already:

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE custom blog designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!! :0)

My Blog List