6/24/08

Caffeine

I just had a thought to put out there for the 3 people who look at my online photo album . . . . we all know that caffeine is horrible, and the carbonated drinks we find it in can dissolve a penny in about a week. I say, forget all that. Caffeine is every mother's best friend. I'm talking about the 4 p.m. exhaustion point - you know what I'm talking about. That time in the afternoon when all your energy and well-meaning is gone. That time of the day when the kids better jump when you say "jump" or else your temper is going to flare. That time of the day when you're supposed to start making dinner, return friends to their own homes, pack up the car with all the baseball equipment needed for that night's game, and make sure the house looks fabulous so when your husband comes home from work, he'll be amazed. That is the time of day when you only have one best friend . . . and that friend is overflowing with caffeine. I don't know about you guys, but when I get my hands on that glorious can of Diet Coke, I feel relieved. I know that I will be able to conquer the obstacles that still lie ahead of me before bedtime. I guess sometimes our patience and happiness levels need a little artificial energy, right?

Just thought I'd put that out there! Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

marilee said...

Love the Diet Coke! Especially at the witching hour (4-5 pm)

Emily said...

I'm letting you in on a little secret cause you're my sister and I love you... Green tea!! Get all the energy you need without all the bad stuff that caffine has. :)

My Blog List