8/17/08

How summer flies!

I just love babies! My little guy (Jake) is so funny! He is so happy that all I have to do is make eye-contact with him and he giggles. He can't stop moving around. He started sitting up at the early age of 4 months, and now he's like a freight train that can't be stopped! He's 8 months old now and he thinks he can walk! He actually can't, but that doesn't register with him, apparently! He weighs 24 pounds and can't stand to be put down. I'm going to need some serious chiropractic work pretty soon! When he starts to stand up all by himself, he gets so excited that he tense up his whole body and screams in delight, then immediately falls over because he wasn't balancing himself in all his excitement. Sometimes it gets hard to hold him since he thinks that he can just dig his feet in and climb me like Mt. Everest, but he still makes me laugh. Today, for the first time, he laughed when he farted. Oh, my stinky little boy!




I always know when Chloe has been somewhere. She organizes. I don't know where she got it, because it's so hard for me to organize, and I don't think Joe has ever tried. But she does it well! I found this plate with her abandoned fruit snacks all lined up and couldn't help but grab the camera. After having a few wild little boys in this house, it sure is a treat to find such a cute and sweet little personality floating around making my life balanced! (as a side note . .. after taking this picture, the fruit snacks disappeared! So mysterious!)


Jake the tank loves balls. All kinds. He likes to crawl after them, roll them, and even chew on them!
This summer, Chloe's chore was to fill up the tiny swimming pool every morning so it would be warm by the afternoon. She never complained about her chore, not once!

And for the record . . . yes, we live in a small town where having your own chickens is common, and no, we wouldn't change it for the world!


After swimming, I took the kids to the snow shack. Jake just had to have a taste!


I actually can't get Sam to stop posing. I know that everyone thinks it's me telling him to pose a certain way, but actually he's the one with the silly sense of humor!

This was Sam's first year of swimming lessons. He's so proud!

Colten's an old pro, but the diving board was still a little intimidating!

I can't believe that my husband is camping out with 3 of our kids by the fire, under the stars for the last time before summer is officially over! What happened? Was June so cold that I didn't consider it really summer? I am so sad that summer is done, but I have to admit . . . a few extra moments of having only 2 kids at home might be kind of nice! Could I actually jump in the shower before noon on a regular basis?!?!?!?! Well, that might be a lofty goal, so we'll just have to see how it goes. I was thinking that I would be so sad if I didn't put in a few pictures from some of the things we did this summer! I know, that's all this blog has been since it's only about a month old, but STILL, I hope you like them!!!

2 comments:

mikkilynn said...

I love your pictures, so no worries here. I can't believe how grown-boy Colten looks. Sam, on the other hand, I think will always have a baby face with those big teddy bear eyes. Oh, and I still can't believe you have four kids...crazy.

Alysha said...

Crazy how the time goes by so fast! There will be snow before we know it. Looks like your family had a very busy summer. I do have a confession, it's rare that I make it in the shower before noon too, but I only have 2 kids! What's my problem? Lazy summer I guess.

My Blog List