1/5/10

Winter 09 recap

The holidays were so much fun and I don't think we were able to slow down for even a day, so here's a little recap!

Geddy spends most of his days lounging around the house. It's exhausting taking so many naps!

We made a ton of gingerbread houses (I think we hit 3 houses each kid!)

Jake's been pretty silly lately. I've always been able to control the amount of climbing my other kids did at age 2, but he's out of control. This has become a common sight when I go into the kitchen after leaving Jake alone for more than 30 seconds.

We also did some cookies! We love sugar cookies - it's not Christmas without them.
Jake has decided to become the youngest "naked chef!"
Of course the beaters were available for everyone to lick off. What kind of mom would I be if I didn't offer?
MMMMMMmmmmmmmm.............. I love sugar cookies with red hots!


Chloe is getting really great at decorating.
Geddy is fully in love with all the kids. He's like having a great big teddy bear walking around the house. A great big teddy bear that sometimes harasses the neighbors and people walking outside, sometimes stinks, chews on anything that is touching the floor (and even some things that aren't on the floor!), burps, farts, lays on the kids, tries to marry my legs as I walk by, and I swear he even can speak - it's in a weird dog language, but I know he's trying to talk and form words. He's definitely entertaining!
Joe and Adam got to have their annual "Christmas Sweater" party (sweaters optional).

It's a wonder Jake's house got made at all since he couldn't stop licking every piece of candy before trying to get it to stick to the house.

Nice picture, guys!
The boys did a great job at wrestling again this year!
I got to see my high school friends again!
Joe took the boys hunting and got an elk. Yay - now I get to cook elk. I am so dang excited.

The boys think it's so cool and so fun, so even though I've always hated hunting, I guess I can just focus on how much fun it is for them.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I love it. Especially our family picture.

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Ha Ha!! These are great, the fondue sounds sooooo yummy and I absolutely love the super-cool wrestling pic. The boys are so tuff I can hardly stand it! :)

My Blog List