3/22/10

Our love is renewed!!!

This sweet, 100-pound puppy has been such a delight to have this past year, but he decided that he needed some new puppy-friends down the street . . . in all directions.
It all started when he ATE his shock collar off the counter-top. He's no dummy. THEN, whenever I let him out for a few minutes, he'd watch me until I'd look away, and then he would BOLT down the street. I can't count the number of times he'd disappear. I would have to walk outside and scream his name at the top of my lungs for hours until he'd come running home, or I'd have to load all the kids in the car and go searching for him. I was beginning to fall out of love with him. It crossed my mind a few times, "what if I just wait for him to come home on his own? My house would be cleaner!" -- I know , very naughty dog-owner-y of me!
BUT, we recently bought the petsafe wireless dog fence! I fixed it all up to only allow him to roam the yard. I am now back in love with him! He's happier that he can go outside now, and my house has WAY less dog hair in the corners (that spring-shedding stuff is an absolute nightmare!!!!!!), and I now don't have to be watching him through the windows whenever he's outside!! My life is SO very much amazingly cleaner, happier and WAY less complicated!

1 comment:

Brooke Hansen said...

My parents have that and it is the best thing for dogs! I am glad it has made your life a little easier!

My Blog List