3/18/11

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

SO, since the twins were born, I've been pretty pathetic with my "love baking" (that which is baked for no other reason than to show my family I love them). Yesterday (St. Patrick's Day), Chloe was feeling a little neglected and was asking for something yummy, but there was nothing in the house since I don't go anywhere these days. Luckily, my friend told me about how to make these rainbow cupcakes - so within an hour they were made!!!!
You take a cake mix, and divide it into a few separate bowls and add some food coloring - so easy!
Then you dish a little bit of each color into the cupcake liners, and . . .
they come out of the oven looking like this!!
Of course, while they are baking you need to lick your dishes clean!
I had some little pink ball sprinkles, and I mixed them with some yellow food coloring, and TA DA! Lucky Rainbow Cupcakes for the kids!!!

Chloe, of course, had to decorate her own.

Jake loved them so much that while I was upstairs showering, he was sneaking into the kitchen to get his own. I came down to 7 cupcakes that had no frosting on them!!!
Yum!

Sophie and Lucy are totally smiling and talking now, and I just can't get enough! This is Sophie!
Colten has been a HUGE help to me with the babies, and I don't want to forget how willing he is to help now (since it might change later!).

About this fish . . . . . .
This is Chloe's fish "Rainbow Tail." She loves her, and she got her at the begining of school. This fish wants to live FOREVER apparently! One day, while I was doing the dishes and talking on the phone, I decided to clean the fish jar in a very lazy manner. I was just pouring out the dirty water and adding clean water until it was all replaced with clean water - smart, right? Well, I don't know how it happened - it all happened so fast! The fish flew out of the jar and right down the disposal drain. I panicked and screamed and lost my mind for a second thinking about sweet little Chloe and how heartbroken she'd be - so I hiked up my sleeves and went about it. The fish isn't even an inch long so it was hard to find, but I kept trying. I finally found it. I think it was flopping around underneath one of the disposal prongs, and it was SO SO SO slippery! It took forever just to get it to hold still in one place so I could get a hold of it, and I was certain that it would be pulled out suffocated or that I had squished it trying to get a hold of it!

BUT IT LIVED!!!!! It has a tear in it's tail, but it survived! This is one little tough fish that has a big will to live . . . . just like our 1 remaining chicken!

3 comments:

John and Charese said...

I love you and your family! What amazing children you have, all because of such an amazing mother! You rock! Glad you saved the fish! Whew! I love the cupcakes! Great idea!

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Those cupcakes look so delicious and I loved the fish story, ha ha! That's true love right there :)

Lindsay said...

Oh - you just pulled up a memory! When I was six, my dad did the EXACT SAME THING with my beloved pet goldfish 'spot'. He ended up having to unscrew the pipes underneath the sink (with me screaming behind him the entire time), but spot lived...though the spot on his tail for which he was named got shaved off in the process somewhere. :) Thanks for the memory, and I'm happy Chloe's fish is fine!

My Blog List