3/3/11

Sam -- 8 is great!!!!

Sam is growing like a weed! I can't believe how fast 8 years old has come! I still remember holding him in the hospital 8 years ago -- he was such a cute little peanut! Anyway, since he's such a funny party-guy, we had like 3 birthday parties for him! You can never blow out enough candles, right?


Jake has a little habit of losing control of his mouth whenever candles are around - so Sam took a few precautions.







It was so wonderful to be able to Baptize Sam the day after his birthday and on the same day as the big family party! He was grinning from ear to ear the whole time, and as he was getting out of the water, he exclaimed, "yes!yes!yes!" because it was just such a happy thing for him!!! Colten gave the talk, and did an awesome job! 10 years-old is pretty young to be giving talks at baptisms, but he pulled it off perfectly and I know it meant a lot to Sam who looks up to his brother so much!
For his friend party, we grabbed 10 friends, and hit Chuckie Cheese, and then went to see TRON 3D. When out insane group ran through the movie theater, I got a lot of looks. One lady was laughing about all the boys, and said "Oh, you brave woman!", but I had my friend, Kim, there to help - there's nothing we can't handle!


Happy Birthday, Sam! We love you so much and you are such an important part of our family. You keep us on our toes and laughing day after day!!!

1 comment:

Brooke Hansen said...

Sam is so cute! Some of the faces he pulls in those pictures are so Joe! I can't believe I haven't seen he and Colten in so long! You have adorable kids and are an amazing mama!

My Blog List