2/11/09

At least . . . .

Well, at least there's Valentine's Day! This is the time of year that I dread. I'm already SO ready for summer, but winter doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. This is the time of year that I realized I took the warm, lazy days of summer for granted. I hate being stuck inside for 90% of the day. Plus, I'm suffering from my yearly "strep/migraine/sinus infection" - cold. So, I guess I've resorted to begging for sympathy.

ANYWAY . . . there is one fabulous holiday right in the middle of all the dreariness - Valentine's Day! Chloe has informed me that when she "gets big" she "will marry" and "she will ski" and she "will have big b______s like Tinkerbell." Thanks for that Disney! Does Tinkerbell have to be so well-proportioned? I'm a little worried.

The best thing about Valentine's day is the treats, right? Every single candy is amazing. I love/hate them all. They're the "worstest" thing I like to eat.

We don't spend ALL of our time stuck inside. Sometimes we brave it to play on a playground.


I got to provide Cole's 2nd grade class with hot chocolate for their SNOW DAY. He was actually pretty embarrassed that I brought my camera so this was the only shot I got of him looking at me. I caught him when he was painting in the snow.


This was Chloe doing her favorite Sunday afternoon thing - watching WALL-E in bed!
Apparently, I forgot to get Jake down for his afternoon nap the other day, and so he climbed up on Sam and fell asleep. Unfortunately, he was a little too heavy for Sam, so . . . .
Colten was more than willing to take over the "cuddling" duty!
Today my mom drove up to make sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. I was still feeling pretty yucky, so I hung back and captured it all. So, forgive me for the billions of pictures I always post, but I just can't help it!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!




Just a dash of red food coloring for the pink icing!
Sam was happy to let the girls do the cooking as long as he got to enjoy the rewards!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Okay, now I want a cookie! These look so cute and delicious, yum!

Hurd family said...

Your cookies were so yummy! How come everything you do is so perfect? You're really starting to make me look bad- stop it!

My Blog List