11/11/09

Catching up = Fall 2009

So, I keep on getting over whelmed with the amount of things going on in our lives - so here it is in a nutshell!

CHLOE TURNED 4 on Nov. 9th!

She had a "Pinkalicious Party" with 5 of her good friends. We did makeovers, made jewelry, colored and danced to princess songs. It was her first "friend" birthday party and I have to mention that it was a little tiny bit calmer and sweeter than the boy's parties have been. These girls were all so easy and happy and calm that I found myself wondering if the party was going well - since the boy's parties have always been so crazy and loud and hyper-active!


I had the most fabulously talented woman make her cake! My friend, Christina, from Christina's Cakes made this cake for her. I don't know how she does it, but her cakes taste as great as they look, too! The fondant is VERY edible! It was like an enormous candy-coated cake - no joke - the fondant tasted like sweet/luscious almond candy! I have her website linked here: Christina's Cakes.

It was SO SO SO SO SO good!
Have I mentioned that I just absolutely LOVE this little girl?

Jake couldn't really understand what the big excitement was with stringing beads.
My mom was so very wonderful and came up to help me out with the party - couldn't have done it without her! I love you, Mom!
Chloe just had to have the # 4 on her cake, but I guess it's still a cute picture!
This one is my favorite of the day! She blew out the candles on 3 cakes over the weekend! I think birthdays have got to be my favorite thing to do for the kids!

For her family party, I tried to make her a cake from scratch!
It was nothing compared to Christina's cake, but it was from scratch, it had cherry frosting, it was pink all over and it tasted good - so I consider it a success!
Chloe had been talking about her birthday for months now - so I really hope she had a great time!

We also celebrated her uncle Tom's birthday, too. He had a lot of help blowing out his candles!
Chloe is really grateful for all the wonderful gifts she received! The easy bake oven and the girl gourmet are a great combo!
Joe got really excited about the barbies! He loves them!

Joe and I got to visit Las Vegas last week for a few days. We don't really get down there often, but this time we saw a show, and I got to sleep for hours and hours to make up for the sleep deprivation I put myself through for my "glorified hobby" of taking pictures.
We saw Criss Angel. I'm a fan of his TV show. His tricks are awesome.We also got to eat great food!
So, sweet Jake is really growing into his opinions as he nears the ripe age of 2. His new thing is to yell at the top of his lungs at me. Most of the time he just screams, "NO!", but he can also switch things up with an "I hate you!", too! We're so proud of his vocabulary. So proud.

Wrestling season has begun again. The boys are having a lot of fun! Sam has a bunch of his friends doing it with him this year - so he's really enjoying it!I just love these two cornballs! Cole and Sam rock my world - I am constantly laughing whenever they say something. How in the world did I get this lucky?!?
We're trying to fit in a few park days before the real winter hits.

Oh, yeah! Check out Jake's red "Ronald McDonald" shoes! He threw such a fit and just HAD to hold them, and then all of sudden I had bought them! I really should just throw them away because I cringe every time I see them, but he thinks he looks pretty hot in them!
He's got such a funny little personality.
This is Jake's buddy, Jack. He's so cute!






HALLOWEEN 2009

Chloe was a butterfly, Colten and Sam were both "dead bikers", and Jake was a cowboy, but her didn't want to carry his stick horse.




I always take a picture of the kids we trick or treat with that day for the big "commercial business" trick or treating. I absolutely love our community! I know it's a tiny town, but I swear that I know more people up here than I have ever known anywhere else!



THE REID FAMILY

We took a few pictures off the back porch of my mom and dad's house. We've had a few important additions since the last family pic back when Cole was the only gandchild!




CRAZY HAIR DAY

Every crazy hair day should be documented.


COLTEN turned 9 on October 16th!

After playing a huge day of 2 football tournament games, we took like 40,000 8 and 9 year-olds to Toad's for some birthday fun! We totally lost them . . . . . a couple of times . . . . . . I'm still wondering if I really made it home with everyone!

At least they had a great time!




Happy Birthday, Colten! You are such a wonderful kid! Thanks for being so helpful around the house!

2 comments:

Alysha said...

Wow! You are the busiest woman I know. I love love Christina's cake for Chloe. Every little girls dream birthday.

Robyn said...

Wow I don't know where to begin! You have such a cute family. I loved Chloe's cake too! I don't know how you do it all!

My Blog List