12/8/10

First day of school

I look forward to the time of year that school starts! I love how excited the kids are, I love how they get to see all of their friends at recess, and I love how they get a little time apart from each other!



Every morning after the boys leave the house to walk to the bus stop next door, Chloe and Jake race into the living room to watch for the bus. They are both SO excited for the time they'll be old enough to ride the bus to school (for Chloe, that's just next year!!!). As soon as the bus picks the boys up . . .

. . . . they run to the front door to wave "goodbye" to them as it passes. One time last year, Chloe wasn't dressed - just in her Ariel undies - and was so desperate to wave to the boys, that she ran outside (without me knowing!) all the way to the driveway, covering her little "booboos" with one arm and waving with the other. I know there were a few laughs on the bus that morning! Thank goodness everyone on the bus is in our ward - even the driver - and they weren't too freaked out by the naked 4-year-old waving at the bus!

After school started for the boys, and since preschool wasn't starting for another week, and the fact that this year I've been pregnant with twins, I've had the itch to clean out every single closet and dark little corner of the house because I have very low expectations for my cleaning abilities once I have 2 newborns to take care of. So, I found some moon sand in one of the closets - tucked into the back and out of sight. I was feeling adventurous and needed to clean out the closet in a big way, so I needed something for the little kids to play with to keep them happy while I was cleaning. I didn't think it would be quite as crazy as it turned out. Moon sand isn't really a good indoor toy, I found out. The kids had a ball, but after I got the closet cleaned out and gorgeous, I found this awesome mess! Jake had figured out that moon sand is fun to throw!
For some reason, I really can't remember where the moon sand ended up after I cleaned it all up! My poor kids lose things (that I don't like) when I get on a cleaning rampage - sorry guys!

No comments:

My Blog List