11/26/08

Happy 1st, Jake!





I just love birthdays, can you tell? This year, I found something fabulous! Christina Miller.
She made the birthday cake of my dreams for baby Jake! A few of you have already commented on the cakes, and though I love the idea of letting all of you believe that I threw these together, that wouldn't be honest. So, go look at her blog and you will be absolutely AMAZED by her cakes! As soon as I saw them, I just knew had to have one. When my kids get married (in about 20 years!) she is totally making the most ENORMOUS cake ever for us!! I can hardly wait! The big cake was made with fondant (which is so pretty, but usually tastes awful) , but this cake tasted awesome! It was like a candy-coated cake masterpiece! Then, for Jake (crawl-through cake, seen below), she made it with the soft and squishy frosting so that it could easily fit into all the tiny baby-corners like toes and ears, etc. We had so much fun with these cakes, and I think I'll have to one for every birthday!


Jake didn't really understand what was going on and why the cake was on fire . . .
. . . but he enjoyed eating it!

Since his birthday fell on Thanksgiving, we had his party at Grandma Jackie's house and we got to have a "Turkey Bowl" football game.
At Grandma's, I wanted to get a few shots of his new trick - walking! BUT, he fell on account of the stupid new shoes he got for his birthday! He fell hard, and only used his face to land on!

He was sad, but daddy gave him luvs . . . and then he was happy again!
I can't believe it's been a year! The older I get, the faster the days go by, and he is growing up way too fast! Jake has been my wildest, heaviest, sweetest, smiliest, and funniest baby! He is always cracking "baby jokes" with his silly faces and all of his "tricks." He really thinks he's funny, so he just keeps making the funny faces over and over and over again to keep me laughing. Weighing in at around 26 pounds, he has completely messed up my back, but he's such a cuddly teddy bear, how could I resist holding him every minute of every day? They just don't get sweeter than Jake.


Chubby cheeks are a MUST for the "2008 squishy baby" look that Jake pulls off so well!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes! 26 pounds?!!!! Kaylan weighs 27 and she is almost 3. Happy Birthday Jake. What a cutie! When are we getting together?

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

Oh my goodness! What a little love!! Jake is adorable and you and me both agree that time is flying way too fast. Did you make those outstanding cakes in all your spare time I know you have? Holy smokes girl! You are wonder woman! Can't wait to see you guys.

Hurd family said...

These pics are so sweet! We need to get Jack and him together soon!

Janelle said...

Those cakes are amazing and the kids aren't too shabby either. Looks like a beautiful life!

It's Miller Time said...

So much fun! Can't wait to see the other pics. I have bee working on mine and I love them! I just ordered my Christmas cards and I would love to send you one. Would you email me your address! Thanks again!!!

Christina

Lisanne said...

McKenzie-I just bumped into your blog and can't believe how old your kids are getting. I have a one year old also! Finally a boy and he weighs 25 lbs. Crazy! Darling blog and you take great pictures!!!
Lisanne

My Blog List