11/12/08

Happy Halloween!

Whew! Halloween was nuts! It's definitely my 2nd favorite holiday, so we have lots to do! The night of Halloween, we met up with a bunch of friends so all the kids could do the "business trick or treating" that our darling little town does every year. All the businesses hand out candy to the kids. I'm pretty sure the ENTIRE town came out for this one because the weather was so fabulous! They even shut down one of the streets to let the kids run around and visit game booths and do pumpkin carving contest and things. There was a spook alley and the town even did an outdoor dance and outdoor movie for everyone. I just love small towns!!!
My little Ariel couldn't stop eating the candy while trick or treating!
I let go of all the rules, and let Jake have an ice cream cone (and sure enough, most of it ended up on his costume!).
Chloe thinks she's pretty hot stuff!
Jake was a tree frog! I just need to get a good shot of him with the feet on - it really makes the costume, but those long orange toes were just too much for him to stop playing with.
Colten and Sam got together this year and were Jango Fett and Boba Fett from the Star Wars episode movies.



Chloe isn't really into orange, so . . . .
Colten's 2nd grade class put on a Halloween play for the parents. The kids got to make up their own dances to it, and they worked really hard for about 2 months!
Sam was very proud of his favorite person in the world (big brother, Cole!).
Colten was a ghost. I'm tempted to put the video up on the blog - it's so cute to see the dance these 4 boys came up with!
This Sam and Branson swinging at the park. The weather has been so wonderful, I thought I'd hurry and get a few more trips to the park in before the town turns into the north pole!

I love pudgy baby hands!
Jake tried out the swings for the first time, and he LOVED it! I couldn't get him high enough - he thought it was the best thing in the world!We found an enormous pile of leaves, and Chloe and Jake went crazy in them.

I took the kids to the neighbor's annual pumpkin carving/homemade soup-eatin' party. Since I was short-handed, the boys had to carve their own pumkins this year, and they did great!
Chloe was pretty intrigued/grossed-out by the whole pumpkin carving process.

We even made a "trick-or-treat" house for family night! Jake was sad that he couldn't chew on it.
My favorite fall treat is caramel apples. They were so pretty that I had to take a picture before we devoured them!


Jake's been very messy with his food lately, and he's taking more and more "quick-sink baths" these days!

After Halloween, I let the kids get into their stashes, but this was Chloe's first real experience with having her own candy stash. So, she had A LOT of fun!
One question - why do people still buy sour candy?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the picture with Chloe and the pumpkin guts. Love it.

mikkilynn said...

The pink pumpkin is hilarious...girls will be girls.

My Blog List