12/3/08

Grandpa's Ranch


I know that I was raised in Sandy, Utah, but I'm getting pulled into the country scene more and more if you can't tell.
This is my really tough and rugged husband, Joe (above). He's to blame for all this country-ness. So, I'm thinking he's also to blame for the "twang" that has attached itself to my speech.
This is Matt, Joe's younger brother, he's single, ladies!
Colten and Sam love to go and help out at Grandpa's ranch. There's so much work to do! And it's a great excuse to wear their cowboy boots (when mom remembers to pack them!).
This trip to the ranch was especially exciting. The cows were getting "preg-tested." Apparently, if you're a cow and you're not pregnant, you're looking at a dark road ahead of you!

Grandpa Steve loves his ranch. It's his passion, and he's really good at it.


This is what the vet gets to do all day long! So fun!
That's not chocolate on his glove!
And that's not chocolate on Tony's lip! Sometimes _____ happens!
Sam lost his 2nd tooth this trip! I had been hearing him complain about it and sarve himself because of it for so long, that I finally just tickled him and tickled him and while his mouth was open, I just pulled it out. There . . . problem solved. Somtimes moms are tough.
I'm in love with this old gas pump that looks like it's going to blow any second.
This is Jake's new cowboy outfit! He brought the new "scowl" to add to the "tough-guy" attitude.


We really love going up to Gramdpa's ranch. It's practially all by itself in a big valley, It's just gorgeous and we feel so lucky to have it be a part of our lives. I guess I've gone county.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

McKenzie--

How fun to reconnect with you! Your kids are so beautiful, and so are your pictures!!

Lacey

My Blog List