12/18/08

It's finally here!



All kids look anxiously forward to Christmas all year long, and this year, it feels like Christmas didn't really get going until 2 weeks ago. The warm weather was sneaky! I was thinking I had all the time in the world to get ready for Christmas, but now it's a week away! I can't complain, but if our winters were as pleasant as the first of December was, I'd be in heaven! We even took the kids to Temple Square to see all the lights, and I can truly say it was the best trip to see the lights EVER because it was really just "sweatshirt weather". Okay, okay, for the kids, snow makes Christmas special and fun. I guess I can live with some of this slippery, white stuff for a few weeks. The kids deserve it.
Okay, I have a question - why can't the photographer's own kids just be normal and smile sweetly? Is is really that hard?
Chloe gets ready in the morning with her big brothers and while they go catch the bus to school, she spends a little while outside playing in the snow. She's loving it, and can't wait until next year when she gets to start skiing with the rest of the family!

Why are neighbor gifts the most stressful of all the gifts? Could it be the huge list? Could it be worrying about leaving someone out? Could it be worrying about someone giving you a gift that you weren't prepared for?


The kids wrote letters to Santa, and they even got a letter back from him the next day!!!! Santa is such a great man!

Jake is at such a cute age. He has no idea what is going on, but he knows it's something exciting. He also knows that if the house is hectic enough, the outside kitty (sugar-pie) has most likely snuck in the house, and can usually be found under the Christmas tree. Sometimes that situation alone can provide endless hours of entertainment!
So, the other day, I felt bad that Jake didn't understand what was going on with all this Crhistmas stuff. So I said, "Jake, listen closely . . . . " and I proceeded to explain everything. From Baby Jesus, to Santa, to presents and everything.
He got really excited about it and all he could do was scream, "Wow!"


2 comments:

Alysha said...

Wow! Way to be crafty on the neighbor gifts. I agree, I stress way too much about neighbor gifts. I miss you. We need to get together after all the madness is over.

Hurd family said...

I love your gingerbread house, and your pancakes were soooo yummy! Tyson had 3 and Jack couldn't stop eating them. Thank You, you always have the best stuff!

My Blog List