9/7/08

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Colten and Sam are now in school! I'm sad that they will be away at school almost everyday for a huge part of the year, but a little voice in my head is yelling, "yeehaw!" As much as I love them, I don't love the fighting that always happens between them when they're bored. It just drives me crazy! After school started, I noticed a huge difference! They were too tired to fight - and that makes me a very happy mommy!
That's my little guy - Cole - with his hand to the glass. For a minute I felt bad about seeing him go, but then I remembered that he has fun at school. He even started sneaking his new football to school in his backpack so that he and his friends could play football at every recess even if the class gets in trouble and gets the ball box taken away. He's so sneaky!
Football also started this last August. We weren't sure if we were going to sign Colten up at first, but now we are so glad we did! He's always loved football more than any other sport, but we were afraid that starting him this young (almost 8) might burn him out and make him not like it as much. That is definitely not the case! He's absolutely OBSESSED! He doesn't complain about practicing monday through thursday for a couple of hours and having enormous 2 hour games on Saturdays. It's pretty much the one thing he looks forward to every moment of every day. I honestly just like watching him get so excited and happy when he tells of his "big hits."
This is Colten and one of his best buds, Bowen.

No comments:

My Blog List