9/7/08

Jake is mobile! uh, oh!

My baby is growing too fast! I think that it feels like every milestone takes forever when you have your first baby. I was able to just lie on the floor and play with my first little guy (Colten) for hours when he was a baby . . . but the daily "to do" list gets longer and longer with each child! Jake's my 4th, and also my heaviest - so it's tough to carry him around everywhere. I still take time to sit and just play with him, but I almost have to schedule it in! He already thinks he can walk (even though he can't), and to put him down and make him crawl to the places he wants to go is an insult to him. It seems like every time I turn around, he's grown an inch and hit a new milestone! I guess it'll be a relief for my back when he's walking on his own, though.
This is Jake in the bassinet that my mom was a baby in, that I was a baby in, and that all of my kids were babies in. I kept meaning to take a few pictures of Jake in it, and now he almost doesn't fit in it! When he was born, he was so tiny and it looked so funny to put him in the gigantic bad, but whoa! Babies grow fast! It's like that poem - "Quite down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."

Okay, Ladies! I know what you're thinking! "What a hunk of burning love!" Yep, that's my Jake! He's such a sweetie! He's kind of a "linebacker" baby - so tough and healthy, but there's a softer side to him. I just discovered that our little Jake is afraid of . . . . . dolls. Yep, that's right! Dolls. Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, barbies, little cinderella dolls - you name it. At first, he was kind of interested in getting a closer look to see why that toy looks so much like his big sis, but upon closer inspection, he realized how frightening they are and did his own version of a panicky-scream while crawling away from the dolls as fast as his knees could take him. I tested this theory to see if it really was just the dolls that freaked him out, and now I feel bad for testing it, because he got so freaked out and panicked so badly, that he couldn't go to sleep very well tonight. Poor baby is going to have nightmares about scary Cinderellas all night long!
Jake's favorite game is "peek-a-boo!" I like to hide under his highchair and jump up to suprise him, but I think he's figured out where I hide.



Jake has a friend named Bracken Saunders. His big brothers and Bracken's big brothers are best friends, so naturally, they are great friends, too! Sometimes they fight . . . .
. . . . But they always make up in the end!

1 comment:

mikkilynn said...

I love the pictures...especially him and his little friend--boys will be boys, huh. I love that little poem, as well. It makes me sad because Emerie's first year is long gone, and I did rock and love her it seems more than my others and it still wasn't enough.

My Blog List