9/30/08

It's Official!

I bake. Yep . . . these are breadsticks made FROM SCRATCH! No, really - no mix involved! It's possible! This is before letting them rise (in case you were thinking this was the sad final product. I wanted to take an "after" picture, but they were still steaming when my boys dove in to sample "mom's new cooking thing." Usually dinners have to be made in an hour or less . . . ot they just don't get made. However, it's kind of nice to have something special once in a while. I was so proud of my accomplishment, that I almost totally forgot about the horrible mess I had to clean up after making them! Almost.

Oh, yeah! And it's no big deal, but I "can" now. Yeah, it's easy! I'll let you in on my little secret . . . . this is what you do: buy a crap-load of fresh peaches. Buy the jars it requires. Talk on the phone to your friend who knows how to can everything under the sun, and complain about how sad it is that you feel so overwhelmed with trying to figure out how in the world those peaches are supposed to get into the jars! Before you know it, your fabulous friend is at your house, with her adorable baby boy as a friend for your baby (to keep eachother occupied), and she'll just start right in - throwing peaches in the air, doing a little spin, and catching them behind her back fully peeled, sliced, and ready to be tossed into the jars! It's amazing how it happens, but I'm really glad I knew who to complain to! Thanks so much, Kim!!!! They're already almost gone!
Here's Jake with his buddy, Jack (Kim's son). They're both licking their lips at the very thought of those savory peaches!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am very impressed. Good job, woman.

My Blog List