10/9/08

Oh, my heck! High school was a blast!


A few weeks ago, I went out with my best friends from high school (minus one adorable friend - Christy. Guess we'll just have to do another GNO very soon!). I don't know why it's so hard for us to get together more than once every other year! We had so much fun catching up. So much has changed since high school!

First thing I saw was Melissa's belly! Congratulations, Melissa! After 2 darling little girls, you'll like having a little mama's boy/rebel running around!
After dinner, we decided to all go out like old times. Melissa H. asked if the BAY was still open, and I had to giggle! We settled on visiting a "dueling piano bar" called KEYS ON MAIN (because now that we're older, we need to frequent more mature places). Alysha couldn't find her keys, of course!
Luckily, Jen (like always) was ready to offer a helping hand.

We even got a surprise guest! Spencer joined in on the fun! I really don't think I've seen him for almost 10 years! How did time go by so fast? He looked like he was a very popular "ladies man." It was so great to see him - the nicest guy ever!

Since most of us have been married for most of the past 10 years, we really didn't know what to do with ourselves. So we just sat on the couches and unsuccessfully tried to have a conversation. We tried to dance, but being the only sober ones there, it felt a little forced!

Alysha and I tried to summon the courage to put in a request (from Spencer) for the Sesame Street theme song for the piano players, but in the end, Spence was the only one with the guts to do it. Such a brave guy!
I know Michelle is going to kill me for this picture, but I just love her so much and I just know that she is going to laugh just as hard as I did at this picture! Honestly, staying up super/crazy late was all worth it - just for this one shot!
Melissa consoled Michelle saying, "Don't worry, Michelle. Funny faces happen to all of us at some time in our lives."
I thought I'd throw these in. Just in case something special gets rekindled!!!! We're all hoping it does!




Nearing the end of the night, I started in on my "deep thoughts," and I asked myself, "McKenzie . . . how did you get so lucky to have such wonderful friends in high school? How can it be so easy to just pick up where we left off, just like high school never ended? Is it possible that some friends come into our lives for certain reasons, and they affect your life so profoundly that no matter how many years go by without seeing them, you still love them as much as you did when you were all together everyday?" I'm so DEEP late at night!

Alysha checked her clock, and realized that we were out way past curfew, and we weren't going to be functioning mothers if we didn't get our butts to bed! So we said our goodbyes, and promised to call and keep in touch. I hope we do this again soon. Thanks, you guys! I really love all of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's about time you get these up! I love your comments. When should we get together? We're only 45 minutes away!

Alysha said...

Great pics as usual. I wouldn't mind taking some of those off of me though. Got to love that baby weight!

Pouls29 said...

Ah my sweetness has my back! Checking the clock to get back to make sure the kids are in bed and that I'm still alive. Typical Alysha, thinking of us instead of herself. I was surprise she was back so early though. You guys are slacking!

Jen said...

Thkat was a great post! You are the cutest. It was fun, and I totally agree. We need to do it atleast twice a year... maybe spring and fall. You were good at getting this one planned, so we will just wait for your email yelling at us and getting us together again!! Wow, I am either ugly or just plain unphotogenic! :) Talk to you soon.

My Blog List